Crestfield Camp and Conference Center
Our Mission Statement
Christ-centered, Crestfield Camp and Conference Center is called to provide a sacred space to facilitate exploration and encounter with God’s hospitality, God’s creation, and the formative power of Jesus through energy, imagination, intelligence, and love.
Who We Are
Crestfield is a year-round Christian retreat center affiliated with the PC(USA) and a ministry partner of Pittsburgh Presbytery. We are an ACA accredited camp offering retreats for children, youth, and adults as well as provide space for individual groups to explore and encounter God through our 226 acres in Slippery Rock, PA. We also offer Summer Camp and special events to nurture others in their experience with God. Please see our website for more information: crestfieldcc.org
Celebrating 70 years of ministry, Crestfield has entered into a new phase of ministry as a 501(c)3 organization, striving to be a regional center for retreat and exploration rooted in the Christian faith. While many of our retreat groups and campers come from churches in the Pittsburgh area, we continue to expand into Western PA. From our indoor climbing wall, high and low ropes courses, archery field, prayer labyrinth, outdoor chapel, meeting spaces, and Slippery Rock Creek there are countless ways for retreat participants, campers, and groups to explore and encounter God’s creation and hospitality. Our lodging ranges from rustic cabins to our newer cottages to Scott Lodge, which is our hotel-style lodging with private bathrooms and two to three beds per room.
With our Board of Directors, a newly completed strategic plan, and a committed staff, Crestfield is on the cusp of revealing God’s purpose for the Crestfield Camp and Conference Center. The Executive Director will play a critical role of leading Crestfield into the future.
The Executive Director provides vision, leadership, and management as the chief executive of Crestfield Camp and Conference Center. This person is responsible for leading and developing a committed team of staff who are a vital part of Crestfield’s ministry. The candidate shall possess a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, skills in business planning and administration, fund development, nonprofit management, marketing and communications, an understanding of Christian camping ministry, and an ability to develop partnerships with congregations and individuals. In addition, the candidate should support and communicate the mission and vision of Crestfield and endorse the tenets of the PC (USA). Preference will be given to a member of the PC(USA).
- Manage a multi-layered, nonprofit camp and conference ministry, serving as chief executive and head of staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement fund development programs in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Provide spiritual vision, leadership and mission to Crestfield staff.
- Develop and direct publicity and marketing to promote the use of Crestfield to regional presbyteries, congregations, and other organizations.
- Ensure the development of spiritually enriched programs and hospitality services that can attract all campers and guests.
- Work directly with the Board of Directors to:
- Supervise a comprehensive plan to regularly upgrade and maintain facilities.
- Maintain standards for ongoing ACA accreditation
- Develop and enact policies related to operations, personnel, and risk management, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain appropriate associations with other camp and conference centers.
- Hire, train, develop, coach and inspire staff.
- Manage a process of continual development using a performance management protocol including annual reviews.
- Possess a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ.
- Understand the transformational power of camp and conference ministry.
- Demonstrates measurable ability in developing and administering church camp and conference facilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to create, communicate and implement theologically sound programs across the spectrum of the Reformed Tradition.
- Proven fund development capabilities.
- Preferably a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and committed to developing ecumenical relationships.
- Is self-motivated and exhibits evidence of professional growth, achievement and effective time management.
1- Why do you believe you are the right person to be the Executive Director of Crestfield Camp and Conference Center?
2- Tell us about your faith journey.
3 - Give us an example of how you have responded as a chief and as a child in a leadership position?